Lily has been LOVIN’ her some paint. We made a super cute tree for her room! It was fun and easy… so I thought I’d share.
supplies: canvas, assorted buttons, acrylic paint (2 colors), craft glue, foam brush, plastic spoon
1. I set a cut open cardboard box on the floor as our dropcloth.
2. I squirted paint directly on the canvas and let Lily smear it all over with the foam brush.
3. I let Lily paint on the cardboard box, while I painted a tree trunk and then let it dry.
4. I folded a piece of paper (hot dog style) and cut a circle at the top for the shape of our treetop.
5. I laid the paper in place on the canvas and squirted craft glue in circle.
6. I helped Lily spread the glue around with a disposable spoon.
7. We both picked buttons from a bowl of pre-selected colors and placed them randomly inside the glue circle.
8. We picked a few extra spots that needed buttons and glued them on individually.
9. We washed hands while it dried… and VOILA…. an art project that I might hang up PERMANENTLY in her room.
*** you could definitely change it up and cut out a butterfly or heart or car or train… etc…. and fill that with buttons.