1. for a sovereign God and redeeming savior
2. for a husband that makes me laugh all day long
3. for sweet baby boys who love their paci, blankie and crib
4. for a smart little girl who loves learning to write new words
5. for Lily’s wonderful school and gifted teachers and God centered learning environment
6. for our new VW Routan with dual dvd system… how did I ever drive two kids in a toyota avalon?
7. for Kirby (or Purr-vy) Puckett, the cat that knew we needed her and took up residence on our back porch… what excitement to wake up every morning and try to tell if she is pregnant or just eating at two houses. **sidenote: if you are in the market for a kitten… we might be the people to talk to in 6-8 weeks.
8. for a generous mom who lets me clean her house weekly for extra money. Who else would let their maid bring along her pesky kids who polish off any cheetohs on the premises? What started as a way to earn money for fun stuff while helping busy Nana with her chores… turned into a weekly lesson for B-Bug (and myself) about giving . We talk about and pray for “E”, the African girl that we sponsor through Compassion with our earnings, while we are scrubbing Nana’s sinks and toilets together. I' am thankful for an opportunity to make BEING a blessing a part of her (and my) everyday life.
9. for Lily’s good health, restored hearing and that all needed surgeries are checked off the list now… what are we going to do without the ‘her ears must be hurting’ excuse for her tantrums now?
10. God’s faithfulness to provide… i.e. surgery/hospital costs that popped up right after a big, fat check was written to Walt Disney World
11. for a family that loves, loves, loves being together… especially two little kids that can’t get enough of each other. I had been worried about the brother/sister dynamics… but I don’t think their relationship could be any more special.
Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Last year’s list: