Sunday, November 01, 2009

Pinkie Pie Costume…

Lily is obsessed with My Little Pony.  She knows every name and what they like to do and can sing the song.

Naturally she wanted to be a pony for Halloween.  The Hasbro people are really falling down on the job… as they sell none.

Therefore, I was forced to make one.

Using felt, I sewed ears and a snout on a Target hoodie.  Jeff’s mom sewed the ribbon on for a mane and a tail while she was here, after watching her do it… I realized the thing would have been in the trash by now if I’d tried. I used acrylic paint to add the eyes and “cutie mark” (that is seriously what they call it) onto  Garanimals leggings and skirt.  Voila…  one pinkie pie costume. 

I went ahead and made a Sweetie Belle costume for myself with some old white clothes.  The family costume party we were going to was canceled due to very, very sad reasons…  so Lily insisted that I wear it to go trick or treating.

For those of you who don’t step on these ALL day long,  this is Pinkie Pie and Sweetie Belle.  Oops…. just realized I forgot the horn on my costume.

  DSC_0402

DSC_0403

Her Mother’s Day Out had a little Halloween party that I got to go to.  It was so cute… and her first chance to wear her Pinkie Pie suit.

DSC_0425 DSC_0419

DSC_0423 DSC_0411DSC_0414

To those who know…. the first picture is the much talked about ‘Tessie Nay’… Lily’s BFF on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  The lady in blue is ‘Missa Hartley’, her teacher.

 

Then, on Saturday, we all went to the Jameses’ in Belton and had a fun Halloween party.  Lily and Luke were TOTALLY in their element.  Trick or treating in Aunt Pat’s neighborhood with her best  friend was about her favorite thing EVER! I should have trained her to say “I’m a MY LITTLE PONY”…. instead of ‘ I’m Pinkie Pie’…. because she mostly just got a bunch of blank smiles.  Oh well, at least they thought she was a CUTE little pink alien or something.

  DSC_0450 DSC_0451 DSC_0458

DSC_0454DSC_0468 DSC_0467  

The kids were in awe of this spread!

DSC_0478

DSC_0463DSC_0475

The snow cone stand was a nice touch!

DSC_0484 DSC_0485 DSC_0486

Although this was one of my first experiences with trick or treating on  ‘Satan’s Birthday’ …  seeing the joy on Luke and Lily’s faces --  there was no doubt in my mind who was getting the GLORY from our celebration.

 

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are so good! That outfit is adorable! If it was up to me to make Gavin a Halloween costume, we might just have to pass this year.

Ashley said...

That is such a cute costume! You two are killer! I love looking at all your crafty ideas! You totally impress me.

Unknown said...

too cute...you are such a fun and talented mom!! glad she had fun!

Suzanne said...

I LOVE the video of Lily singing! And I'm so glad you got some video of them trick-or-treating. I don't think we did. Lily's Pinkie Pie costume was so cute!! And you were cute as Sweetie Belle. Lily is blessed to have a mom that can make a costume and dress up with her. :)

Cora said...

Birch enjoyed the video of Lily singing. She clapped and said Yay! at the end. Luke and Lily look adorable in their Halloween costumes. Can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving.