Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Despite the odds...

we've had a considerably joyful Christmas.  We enjoyed spending time with my family and having a Christmas morning at home with my parents and grandparents here to watch and a Christmas evening SKYPE call with Jeff's family. Unfortunately, Jeffie had to leave at 4:30 a.m. the morning after Christmas to fly to Minnesota to be with his family after the tragic death of his aunt.   Lukie B. came down with a variety of illnesses, which prevented him from being his usual cheery self and from showing up to my grandparents' house this weekend... thus preventing Lily from being her cheery self.

Good news though... Santa was able to bring Lily some BIG presents this year... since we didn't have to try to fit them in our suitcases on a flight home.

PC258796

She has been playing in her 'Rose Petal Cottage' non-stop.  Speaking of doing something non-stop... she has been exercising her vocal cords since Jeff left.  I think she's screamed more in the last 4 days than ever before.  I've tried every discipline strategy I can think of to no avail. She needs 'the hammer' to come home and lay down the law.

Other good news... my sweet, sweet husband (the aforementioned 'hammer'), who set a low limit for our presents for each other due to our upcoming vacation,  exceeded (FAR exceeded) his self imposed limit and bought me this:

PC288841

 

 

A complete surprise and by far my favorite gift... can't wait to fill it with all my junk and carry it around!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here is a scrapbook page I did quickly with some of our Christmas photos...

2008christmas

 

I'll try to put some more Christmas highlights up soon... when Jeff is here to show me how to edit the videos. 

 

Also...

Our Christmas cards came in SUPER late... so if you didn't get one...

Merry Christmas from us... we apologize... I'll order them months in advance next year.

christmascard08 copy

5 comments:

The James Family said...

I'm glad Lily had a great Christmas and didn't end up getting either of Luke's yucky illnesses. That Rose Petal Cottage is awesome. Also, I'm very jealous of your Coach purse. Way to go Jeff for surprising you!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Jeff's aunt. If you need anything while he is away, let me know....

Tom said...

I love the Cottage, the purse and the Christmas card of Lily. Love you all, Nana

Unknown said...

i am glad you had a wonderful Christmas. your scrapbook page is awesome and the Christmas card is beautiful! yea for an extravagant handbag!!

i am sorry to hear about jeff's aunt.

Anonymous said...

gosh, i thought you were gone already for some reason! jeff really set the bar high this christmas :) sorry to hear about his aunt.
p.s. loved the christmas card!