Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2 years ago today...

I was rushing around to get my hair and make-up looking flawless for the moment I saw Jeff.  Here I sit, today, in the same t-shirt that I slept in, NO make-up, and my hair up in a clip that came out of a set of hot rollers.  My oh my... where 2 years can take you.

wed78

If someone ever told me that I'd be married to a Minnesotan sports fanatic who thinks I sound like George W. Bush and that my 'spiritual gift' is "making sandwiches"... I would have laughed.  I'm still laughing... everyday!  I don't know how it happened, but I'm married to my dream guy and the mother of  his beautiful daughter.  I am truly humbled that God thinks highly enough of me to have matched me with Jeff.  He is seriously ONE OF A KIND and I'm so, so thankful that he's mine!

Marriage isn't as easy as I thought it would be... especially when you're expecting 4 months in... but there is NO ONE else that I'd rather be partnered with for this journey!

wed7

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post Shauna. Jeff is so lucky and blessed to have you as his wife, as we are to have you for a daughter-in-law. Thank you BOTH for our precious Lily.

Love you, Mark & Carla

The James Family said...

I totally forgot it was your anniversary. Wow--time really does fly. I'm glad Jeff is part of the family. He is one of a kind. I hadn't heard that your spiritual gift was making sandwiches--that's awesome. I'll need you to make me one. Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Olson's! Time does fly by:) I remember your wedding like it was yesterday...I loved Jeff's MN buddies dressed in Texas garb...classic:)

So, 2 years ago from today...and how old is Lily again? Ha, ha, only kidding.

Hope y'all have a special #2.

Sincerely,

The McAnelly's

PS - Brody gives a special shoutout to his "cougar":)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Jeff and Shauna! Shauna, I am so thankful that God brought you and Jeff together. You are an amazing wife and mother. I am so glad that YOU are my sister-in-law. I can't wait to see all of you in 3 days. Yeah!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary, guys! That is awesome. Marriage is still the best thing!! May each year just get better and better!

Tom said...

Happy Anniversary to an amazing couple. Ditto to what everyone else said. I am so glad that you decided to jump right into parenthood. All 3 of you are such a blessing to us all. Love you, Nana

Kim John said...

Happy Anniversary Jeff and Shauna! I, too, never imagined marrying a Minnesotan, sports fanatic. haha (or having an unlimited supply of Kelloggs goodies at our disposal)

David James said...

Congratulations. It certainly doesn't seem like two years. Sorry for not posting on THE day.

David