Sunday, January 11, 2009

We are back from our vacation ... it is so sad when you look forward to something for so long and then its over.

We had SO much fun in Florida. Lily was a dream child and would sleep in the stroller at the parks and kept the screaming to a minimum. As usual when Jeff's family is around, Lily became a little ham and learned some new skills. Now she can say multi-syllabic words and phrases. Her favorites are, "Ne-mo show" (which she loves to talk about but didn't see one minute of before she was snoring), and "Jambo Dumbo" (they said 'jambo' as you enter the Africa section of the Animal Kingdom and the flying dumbos were by far her favorite ride) and "Oh no it's not" which she learned from the Wiggles. She also learned to say all of her cousins names right... well pretty close. As imagined, she was terrified of the big characters. Good thing we stood in a 60 minute line to find that out. Pluto was the worst or the Goliath the lion from Jojo's circus.

Guess who Lily fell in love with while there... the most unlikely of creatures.... he's big, he's loud, he's scary looking... THE BEAST (beasht, in Lily's words... we're really crossing our fingers that she doesn't have a lateral lisp like that little kid from Dr. Quinn Medicine woman.) Everyday we got her moving by saying that we were going to find the beast. We finally saw him in the parade and Lily got a direct wave from him as we were cheering his name. I'm pretty sure we were the only ones there to see HIM. Unfortunately, Disney doesn't deem the beast worthy of any merchandise... we could find a beast doll or shirt ANYWHERE.

Also, I think I discovered that I missed my calling while there. I went with the whole teacher thing... but I think secretly my soul longs to be a costumed dancer in a Disney show or street parade. Chances are I'd have to be a dancing mop or Ursula ... but I think I'd still enjoy it.

Here is a little video compilation that Jeff put together commemorating our trip... Lily's already watched it about 87 times. I'm not sure why this one shows up as terrible quality... we were trying the new picasa video program.

Disney 2009


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. that's hilarious that lily loves the beast. she must have a compassionate heart :) the video isn't working! i want to see it!! get jeff on that asap.

The James Family said...

I love the video and the pictures. I especially love that video footage of Lily dancing at one of the shows. It looks like it was so much fun. I can't wait to bring Luke there some day.

I also think it's hilarious that she liked the Beast. Maybe it reminded her of a dog since she loves dogs so much?? But then you'd think she would've liked Pluto....

Unknown said...

how fun! it looks like you guys had a blast. i am so glad that lily did so well...yea!!

Seth , Angie, Noah said...

So it worked out to take her at this age! We're thinking of taking Noah (for us really b/c he won't remember it) in March or May. Seth and I are Disney junkies and can't wait to see how Noah reacts to the parks!

Stephanie said...

Got your comment! I am proud to be your LONE follower. Ha ha. Your trip sounded like fun! Talk to you soon.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.