Tuesday, November 13, 2007




Mmmkay... I'm at my wit's end with buying clothes that don't fit Lily. Just as I cut the tags off... I pull in on to find that it won't go over her belly.

She's a 4 month old that needs a 18 month waist and a 9 month length... which doesn't exist. I recently found a cute jean skirt for her to wear with all of her new colorful tights. I bought the 9 month size because anything bigger was practically a floor length skirt on her. My mom and I first tried snipping the treads sewn into the elastic to try to loosen it... unsuccessful. Then we tried going in and snipping through the elastic... unsuccessful. Finally, I just had to cut right down the sides to try to make enough room for Lily's growing belly... and she still has a muffin top. The poor thing is doomed to wear onesies and tights with no pants this winter... because I can't stand to think she might be uncomfortable. Maybe I could find some sort of belt to go with her tights and she could just go with the festive holiday elf look.

I think she's precious and would never wish for her to be any different. Thus, my solution is that there needs to be baby plus size clothing stores... selling pants and skirts with GENEROUS elastic or even expander tabs. Perhaps I could get the people at Lane Bryant on board.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shuana I definetly feel you on this one! I have had this probelm with Nadiya since day one ( and I still do.) Nothing ver fits. My poor girl already knows how to "suck it in" while I zip her pants. hahaha It stinks being junior chubby petite! -Traci C

Anonymous said...

I laughed right out loud at work reading this and looking at Lily. Shauna you are such an amazing, descriptive writer. Jenni and I are going to go shopping for our precious Lily Bug soon. We have several ideas that will hoepfully work for her. Graice had the same problem as a baby.
Love, Mamma

Suzanne said...

Hilarious. I love the little chunkster. I've said it before and I'll say it again--chunky babies are by far the cutest. I think you may have a good idea for good ol' LB to start carrying plus size baby clothes.

Call me Katie said...

Shauna, Lily is PRECIOUS!!! I hope I get to meet her someday. Hope you are doing well!

Unknown said...

I hear you! I've been there. Jeans were out of the question. I don't think Grace wore anything that snapped or buttoned for at least a year. She wore lots of leggings with long, "flowing" shirts, and sometimes the stretchy leggings were too tight.

When we would take her in for her check-ups, her doctor would always tell us that she was making her "own weight chart." Chubby babies are the best. They are great to hold and cuddle. I am so glad that I get to do so in another month!

Love ya,
Jenni

P.S. The pictures are priceless!