Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Birthday to Jeff!

From driving around the yard on his Forrest Gump lawn mower to driving around Texas in his new Town and Country mini-van.... its clear that Jeffrey is now in his thirties.

I wanted to have a picture of him in his two favorite vehicles... but he has been out of town so much that I haven't had a chance. He likes his new job and I like all the cereal it brings-- but his little family likes to have him around a little more. Here is Lily having a VERY good nap with Dad after missing him for 3 days.

Jeff requested his mom's pumpkin torte for his 30th birthday. Now sweating and covered in pumpkin... I must say that I've just developed a great new respect for her. Next year... I might just make him a box cake before he has time to request something.

This cake is probably a failure... as was my perfect present ordered weeks ago from the website of one of his food network favorites, which turns out is backordered until Christmas. They didn't even have the decency to tell me until I emailed that it hadn't arrived yet. So, I tried to take a picture of Lily to frame for his office... and she didn't cooperate really. Here's one of my favorites though.

I think her look is saying... "Seriously, mom... give it up."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think that picture of Jeff and Lily sleeping is adorable. Save me a piece of that dessert. It sounds good. I want to try it. I know Jeff will enjoy his 30's. Nana