Monday, August 06, 2007

Guess who slept a whole night on her own in a bouncy chair...


Jeff and I were almost giddy when we put her down not 1 but 3 times and she stayed asleep. We're hoping this is not another fluke. Although, even laying in my own bed without a baby on my chest, I didn't sleep well. While Jeff dreams happily of cats and special children in our house, all of my dreams are like getting up to heat a bottle or checking on Lily to see that she's okay... which seem like they are all really happening. So, even when sleeping-- I feel like I am not sleeping. I feel like I've just come home from youth camp or a lock-in or something. My eyelids hurt and the thought of a nap fills me with glee... however, thinking of a nap is a futile effort.

My parents have taken a geriatric vacation to "Warshington". The first day my parents are gone -- Jeff gets sick, so I take the whole night with Lily. Day 2- Jeff needs to go to San Antonio for work and I notice Lily's eye is infected and have to take her to the doctor. Of all the times that I need my mom's help...
Things did get better though. Lily is growing up and becoming a little more even tempered every day. However, I am very glad my parents will be back tomorrow.


So... here is a formal apology to Team Motherboy. I should not have called you super annoying-- really, we were just jealous of your pop culture prowess. After such a comment, you seem like genuinely nice people and I am sorry for not cheering you on. Maybe this could explain why I have very few girlfriends. I'll try to keep the humor purely SELF deprecating from now on... you never know what people are google-ing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! That is great that Lily slept on something other than a human being! I know you must feel so happy. Soon enough she'll be on somewhat of a schedule (although it will change frequently) and you can do something other than watch cool movies on Lifetime with Heather Graham.

Lizzie said...

Hey Shauna--

I'm sorry I cyber-spied on you, but I do appreciate your fence-mending. I figure we're at about 14:59:59 of our 15 minutes o' fame, and I am almost over googling "Team Motherboy", but it's hard not to sometimes! You should be allowed to say whatever you want to on your own blog without repurcussion, but thanks for giving us another thought. Again, good luck and have a ball being a mom.

LT

Anonymous said...

So good to see you the other day Shwain, and glad to hear that Lily's sleeping is improving! It does keep getting better - promise. Wish we could hang out more often. LOVE.