Saturday, February 09, 2008


Lily and I have thoroughly been enjoying the warm weather very uncharacteristic for February. We've gone outside everyday and played with her "outside box". (a tupperware lid, tiny rolling pin, homemade drum-made from rice cereal can with a pink pearl eraser inside, a few balls, and BUBBLES) She's really liking the bubbles. I'm really liking being able to get out of the house!




Here are a few of my favorite things lately:

backyardigans- a nickelodeon cartoon that is VERY enjoyable. I turn it on in the morning while I'm cleaning and Lily is playing in the living room for background music. I'll seriously find myself stopped and watching the t.v. The 4 characters go from playing pretend in their backyards, then the pretend setting appears and they play together... meanwhile they sing catchy songs and teach about feelings, problem solving, etc. I think I would have enjoyed it as a kid and then gone outside and played the same thing. Way to go Nickelodeon... this is the best cartoon I've seen since Dumbo's Circus in my day.


chik patties- since Jeff began working for Kellogg's we've had a lot of cereal and pop tarts around... but recently, a giant box of Morning Star Farms products showed up on our doorstep. I LOVE the chik patties and veggie corn dogs. It tastes like the real thing... but you don't have to worry about all the weird meat going into them.


disney collection- I was feeling a little down the other day and went for a drive with Lily to the post office. I decided to pop in the disney collection c.d.s that Suzanne had let me borrow. They should play that on loud speakers throughout the world. Just like there's NO way to look cool walking down a hill...there is NO way to stay in a bad mood singing 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!'


rob bell- My parents gave us a sermon to listen to that Rob Bell had taught about Jesus being a rabbi. He really gives the context of the time with every biblical lesson... it changes the way you hear the Bible stories you've heard a hundred times when you hear them through a historical filter with a little perspective on situation. Since then, we've listen to some more and I get a LOT out of them... I do love history! Listen to clips of some of his talks here.

By the way:

I updated Grace's story last Friday with 3 new pages. I hope to have the conclusion done by this Friday.

My best friend, Laura, posted quite a collage of embarrassing photos of my college days for my birthday. I'll be the first to laugh at myself.... and I got to do it A LOT reading this.

1 comment:

The James Family said...

Glad the Disney CD cheered you up. I knew you would love it, I think that's one of the main reasons I bought it. I will have to try and get Luke to watch The Backyardigans. It sounds clever. Right now he pretty much watches Disney exclusively but will occasionally throw in a little Yo Gabba Gabba. I need to broaden his horizons.